After the Australian federal court ruled against Novak Djkovic’s appeal, the Australian Prime Minister and the country’s Immigration Minister issued a statement on the case.
The Australian government’s response to the court ruling on Novak Djkovic
In a statement released this evening, Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said the decision to cancel the second entry visa of world No. 1 tennis player Novak Djokovic was made in the interest of the community and to ensure health. public health and safety.
Prime Minister Morrison “welcomes the court’s decision for ensuring that Australia’s borders are firmly protected and for the safety of its people”. Prime Minister Morrison reiterated the statement issued on Friday, which emphasized that Australians have made so many sacrifices during the pandemic and they have a right to think that their gains should be protected. . Strict border protection policy is fundamental in people’s lives and in the legal system.
Now that the trial is over, Prime Minister Morrison thinks everyone should focus on the Australian Open 2022 and enjoy the matches.
After the court’s decision, Australian Immigration Minister Alex Hawke, who decided to cancel Novak Djokovic’s second visa, also issued a statement welcoming the court’s decision. Minister Alex Hawke emphasized that Australia’s strict border control policy has helped the country have one of the lowest Covid-19 death rates in the world and ensure a strong economic recovery.
Novak Djkovic landed in Australia a few minutes before midnight on January 5, 2022. A few hours later, Djokovic’s entry visa was canceled when the player failed to present proof of full vaccination against Covid-19 vaccine. Djokovic was placed in hotel custody following the decision.
After that, Djokovic’s lawyer filed an appeal with the Australian federal court because he said that he had been approved by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to enter the country on the condition that he did not have to be quarantined when he entered Australia because Djokovic was was found to have Covid-19 on December 16, 2021.
On January 10, 2022, the court ruled that Djokovic won the case and restored his entry visa. However, on January 14, Australian Immigration Minister Alex Hawke used his personal rights to cancel Djokovic’s second entry visa for the benefit of the community. Djokovic’s lawyer continues to appeal and today the court dismissed Djokovic’s lawsuit.
It is not clear whether Djokovic will continue to appeal to the Supreme Court of Australia. But in a statement just released after the court’s ruling, Novak Djkkovic said, this ruling does not allow him to stay in Australia and compete in the Australian Open.
Australian media also said that if deported, Djokovic will even be banned from entering Australia for 3 years.
The decision to expel Djokovic will not only affect his participation in his first Grand Slam tournament of the year, but could also affect his performance, his advertising income and his participation in international tournaments. next economy in 2022.
You can click on the image below to owning our products
Connect us at:
Homepage: Fullprintingteeshirt Store